Introducing ValidationHub, the easiest way to validate and manage file names across your entire BIM 360 account.
matterlab have launched ValidationHub, their new tool which helps teams to take control of file-naming systems in BIM 360 and ensure that naming standards are observed throughout a project lifecycle.
What is BIM 360?
BIM 360 is a comprehensive project management platform designed for the construction industry. It helps project, field and BIM managers to speed up the delivery of their projects without compromising budget limits, industry standards, safety rules or project specifications.
Even though BIM 360 has lots of useful features, there are still a couple of areas where custom integrations are needed to service project needs.
ValidationHub is one example of this. It solves the problem of validating information and documents that the user uploads to BIM 360, which the platform is currently missing. Instead, it provides an easy way to check the document and drawing numbers meet project standards by providing both a manual and automated checking process against determined schemas.
With matterlab’s ValidationHub, BIM 360 users can apply their own standards to all files uploaded to the project. It allows compliance validation to be built into your BIM 360 workflows, by checking files against pre-built industry standards and custom schemas in the future.
It also provides flexibility. Project admin users can choose to manage entire projects or single folders (depending on how they apply rules), and can also define multiple rules for different projects or for the same project.
How to Access
ValidationHub can be downloaded from the BIM 360 app store.
If you're unsure how to do this, please complete the following steps:
1. Click the menu (nine dot) icon and select Account Admin.
2. Go to the Apps tab on the navigation bar to access the BIM360 app store.
3. Scroll down until you find ValidationHub.
4. Click on the app and and select Add to BIM360 to install the app to the chosen account - this links our app to your BIM 360 account.
5. Finally, go to https://validationhub.matterlab.co/ and log in using your BIM 360 credentials. Once you have successfully logged in, you can set up your rules and checks and assign them to a project.
For more details, please see the ValidationHub User Guide.
To run a quick check against a project, please follow these steps.